Just a short dose of retrospection and gratitude.
It's hard to believe that a big idea I had as a 20-something has actually become real. Even a year later, it still surprises me daily. I wanted to bring this intersection of Science and Art to a wider audience in an attractive and accepting setting, and to build a conversation and community around things that influence our lives everyday in non-obvious ways.
I had a lot of help along the way. I wouldn't have been able to achieve any of this without all that help. Heck, while this closely resembles what I envisioned, it's even better because of the input of so many. The relationship we're building with our visitors, customers and community is the most important bit of input. It might not seem like it, but we're listening and making changes everyday to make this space more welcoming to everyone.
There's still so much to do and still a long way to go. We're still in the beginning. Still finding our way. And having a lot of fun!
- Elizabeth and Mimi not just for being here, but also for so many ideas. This is your success too!
- Everyone who has visited online and IRL. You're why we're here. Keep sharing your ideas for how we can share Science and Art with you.
- Our Locals for your continued warm support and care for each other. You helped us immensely.
- Our designers, artists, paleontologists and rockhounds for expressing yourselves in all the ways you do.
- This adventure is not for the weak. Special thanks to Friends and Family for the encouragement.
Now. Let's Celebrate!